Have any of you ever noticed how your eczema would suddenly improve or worsen in certain occasions? Well over the years I’ve noticed a few things about my eczema. It has always fascinated me and I wondered if this was true for others with eczema.
1) It seems to improve during menstruation
2) Sometimes I’m so tired I fall asleep without showering or moisturizing and I wake up with non-inflamed or red but very dry skin
3) Sleeping a lot seems to help with eczema
4) When I get sick with the flu or a cold my eczema magically improves
5) I’m asian and I suffer from low alcohol tolerance. What I notice is that if I drink a lot of alcohol I have really bad eczema that night but really good skin the next morning.
6) Probiotics seem to help occasionally
7) It gets worse with stress and lack of sleep! Sadly impossible to avoid as a Medical Student 😦
Let me know about your strange experience with eczema!!